Holi, one of the most awaited festivals in India, is considered to be a celebration of colors, brotherhood, peace, and prosperity. This festival of colors is celebrated with great enthusiasm not only in India but also in many parts of the world.
There are many mythological stories behind the festival of Holi like the story of Hiranyakashyap-Prahlad, the story of Radha-Krishna, and the story of the demon Dhundi. This festival symbolizes the victory of good over evil. Holika Dahan is performed a day before Holi with a proper bonfire. It celebrates the killing of Hiranyakashipu's sister Holika.
Dear readers, don’t forget to check your yearly predictions by date of birth free.
Astrological Significance of Holi
According to Vedic astrology, the Sun and the Moon are at opposite ends of each other in the sky during the festival of Holi. The place where Moon is situated in Leo and Virgo signs, such place is considered auspicious. While Sun is situated in Pisces and Aquarius. Rahu usually transits in Sagittarius. Also, Vastu experts believe that this day is a very lucky day to perform Vastu Puja.
On the day of Holika Dahan and Dhulendi i.e. Holi, it is very beneficial to perform Vastu Puja on your house, property, and vehicle. It can help in achieving health benefits and attracting positive energy. The special thing is that on this day people also fly kites to worship the wind god.
Auspicious time and Shubh Muhurat for Holi 2023
As Holika Dahan falls on March 7, 2023. The auspicious time for Holika Dahan will be 06:24 PM to 08:51 PM. While the holy festive date remains the same i.e, 8 March throughout the country.
You can chat with astrologer online to know about the right Tithis and Shubh Muhurat.
How to celebrate your Holi luckily?
On this day people play with colors and water and apply 'Gulal' on each other's faces. Holi colors 2023 will be considered auspicious for you which are made from natural ingredients including neem, kumkum, turmeric, and extracts of flowers. Also, you can consider celebrating your favorite festival as per the below-mentioned points.
• Light a huge bonfire in the evening of Holika Dahan 2023 and put cow dung cakes, wood, ghee, milk, and coconut in the fire for worship.
• You can also take advantage of the 'Holi Mela,' which is held in various cities of Uttar Pradesh and other parts of northern India.
• If you are in Bengal, you can celebrate Holi as Doljatra. Young girls wear white and saffron clothes during this Rangostav. Also decorated with garlands and flowers, singing and dancing to traditional tunes.
• During this event, fragrant colored powder known as 'Abir' is scattered all around, which is an expression of joy and happiness. Many sweet dishes like Malpua, Kheer, and Basanti Sandesh, etc. are prepared on this occasion.
• If you are in Karnataka, on the day of Holi 2023, you can witness the performance of the folk dance form 'Bedara Vesha'.
• In Tamil Nadu, this day is celebrated as Panguni Uthram. It is believed that the marriage of Ram-Sita, Shiva-Parvati, and Muruga-Devasena took place on this day. Along with this, Mahalakshmi Jayanti is also celebrated, which commemorates the incarnation of Mahalakshmi from the ocean of milk.
What special you should prepare for Holi?
On the day of Holi, people visit each other to relish the delicious foods specially cooked for the occasion. Also, women of the families start preparing snacks for Holi 10-15 days prior to the actual celebration. Thus, here is a list of food items that are a major center of attraction on Holi.
Sweets: Gujiya, Malpua, Shakkar Para, Ras Malai, Peda, Puran Poli and Kheer
Beverages: Kanji, Thandai, Sharbat, Lassi, and Jal Jeera
Breakfast: Dahi Vada, Papdi Chaat, Pakori, Samosa, and Chana Masala
Food: Dhuska, Puri Vegetable Curry, Matar Pulao, and Paneer Curry.
Significance of Holi colors
The different Holi colors have a beautiful and spiritual representation that creates a glorious rainbow together.
Red = love
Blue = Krishna
Yellow = turmeric (antibacterial property)
Green = spring
Things to keep in mind during the celebration
Any festival should be started by seeking the blessings of our elders. Offer worship at home before going to play Holi.
You should live happily and lovingly with everyone on this day.
Make sure to clean the house on the day of Holi and with this burn barley in Holika.
You must cover your head with some cloth on the day of Holi. Also, you should avoid doing any financial transactions on this day, because if you do so, you may have to face financial loss.
On Holi 2023, don't go through dark places.
Thus, make this year’s Holi the best Holi by playing it safely and luckily. For any consultation, you can feel free to reach us at Myastroguruji where you can talk to astrologer free.
MyAstroguruji is the best astrology website for online Astrology predictions. Talk to our Astrologer on call and get answers to all your worries by seeing the future life through Astrology Kundli Predictions from the best Astrologers from India. Get the best future predictions related to Marriage, love life, Career, or Health over call, chat, query or report.
© Copyright 2022 by MyAstroGuruJi. All right Reserved